Saturday, December 19, 2009

Vegetarian Stir Fry - Dinner with Jess





Dinner with Jess: Vegetarian Stir Fry, Cumin Steamed Rice, Salad with my homemade Ginger Dressing. 


Last night I made Jess dinner. Since I am going out of town, I wanted to use up all of my produce. I figured I could put a lot of different vegetables together to make a stir fry. I steamed white rice and added whole garlic cloves and cumin to the pot while it cooked, to really give the rice flavor. And I used the ginger dressing (that I made a couple nights ago) for the salad.

Its a really simple recipe, but the entire meal took me under 30 minutes to cook. Its really simple, fun to make, and easily pleases a crowd.

Read more for the ingredients and directions.


Ingredients

Stir Fry:
  • Shitake mushrooms - 1 cup chopped
  • Onions - 1/2 large white onion sliced into large pieces
  • Garlic - 4 cloves
  • Broccoli - 1 Head
  • Baby Corn - 1/2 can
  • Tofu
  • Soy Sauce
  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • Ginger Dressing (See Ginger Dressing recipe)
  • Pepper
  • Sriracha Sauce
  • Olive Oil
  • Sesame Oil (optional)
  • Sesame Seeds
Directions:
  1. Blanche the broccoli in boiling water until soft but not completely cooked. Drain water.
  2. Heat up a large wok with a little olive oil. Add some soy sauce to the pan. Saute the garlic, mushrooms, and onions on medium heat until soft. 
  3. Add tofu. Saute for another 2 minutes. 
  4. Add broccoli and baby corn to the wok. Toss with more soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. Add a 1/4 cup of water, and some more olive oil and add a splash of sesame oil.  
  5. Turn up the heat to High. Continue to toss the stir fry. 
  6. Add a few tablespoons of the ginger dressing, some pepper, and a few drops of Sriracha sauce.
  7. Continue to cook for a few more minutes. Add more soy and teriyaki sauce to taste.

Its a really simple recipe. But the entire meal took me under 30 minutes to cook. Its really simple, fun to make, and easily pleases a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment